viernes, 6 de junio de 2008

Yo no soy yo, ahora más evidentemente que nunca

"Of Other Spaces" era el título del ensayo de Foucault que me jodió la cabeza para siempre.
"The mirror is, after all, a utopia, since it is a placeless place. In the mirror, I see myself there where I am not, in an unreal, virtual space that opens up behind the surface; I am over there, there where I am not, a sort of shadow that gives my own visibility to myself, that enables me to see myself there where I am absent: such is the utopia of the mirror. But it is also a heterotopia in so far as the mirror does exist in reality, where it exerts a sort of counteraction on the position that I occupy. From the standpoint of the mirror I discover my absence from the place where I am since I see myself over there. Starting from this gaze that is, as it were, directed toward me, from the ground of this virtual space that is on the other side of the glass, I come back toward myself; I begin again to direct my eyes toward myself and to reconstitute myself there where I am. The mirror functions as a heterotopia in this respect: it makes this place that I occupy at the moment when I look at myself in the glass at once absolutely real, connected with all the space that surrounds it, and absolutely unreal, since in order to be perceived it has to pass through this virtual point which is over there.", decía su párrafo maldito.
Me adueñe del concepto sin saber que se adueñaba de mi. Rompí todos los espejos de casa y me descosí un costado con un cuchillo de cocina para buscar eso que yo creía, inutilmente, que era. No encontré nada y decidí guardar la palabra esencia y dos lágrimas de cocodrilo en un cofrecito. Me olvidé de ocupar los espacios, de nada servía, todo era nada y el nihilismo nietzscheniano me rondaba como una mosca hambrienta.
Tallé el concepto a mi conveniencia (característica que me ayudó a recordar lo que es creerse humano) y me apoyé en la heterotopía de madera hasta las postrimerías de mi tesis, llorando por dentro y botando aceite por la herida del costado.
Pasó un año y el recuerdo del espejo gritaba debajo de mi cama como los gatos a las tres de la mañana. Mi debilidad ganó y claudiqué: leí el abismo por milésima vez. ¿Dónde carajo puse la novela de Torrente Ballester? A lo peor se lo fumó el cadáver del espejo.

No hay comentarios: